Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Naming Our Future Spawn

We started a name bracket for the naming rights of my friends' 2nd baby,* and I was telling dr soc about the entries I had sent in for each theme.

me: And the grab bag name: Sharktopus.
dr soc: that is awesome.** Yeah, we're using that.
me: Huh?
dr soc: Sharktopus. And Dinocroc! We have our names.
me: Wait, huh? No.. This, this is for...
dr soc: It's been decided. Done! The kids are named.
me: Oh, oh honey, um...
dr soc: Oh awesome!
me: - sigh of resignation- Well, which one's which?
dr soc: Dinocroc for the boy, Sharktopus for the girl. (which btw, he answered with no hesitation whatsoever)
me: Well, that makes sense. (Not really, but at that point I decided to roll with it)

So much so, that now I'm on the Sharktopus bandwagon. So whenever we refer to our future first born, we refer to them as Sharktopus.**

*this is completely valid and totally legal***
**I should mention dr soc has a mild (complete) fascination with sharks, sea creatures and dinosaurs. And syfy movies. Combine any of the above elements and dr soc loves it no questions asked.
***not really
**if all goes to my carefully constructed plan, we'll have Dinocroc first. But since we want the it's a __! moment and won't be finding out what the baby is, Sharktopus is more gender neutral name and will be used for ambiguity sake. Also because we are dorks.

No comments: