Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sprawl

me: Between the 2 of us we have a few repeats of pills, so I'm going to keep some stuff down here. That way we don't have to go up and down the stairs into our bathroom every time someone needs an aspirin or some first-aide.
dr soc: Sure ok.
me: You'll find that I like to keep duplicates of things and spread them out throughout the house.
dr soc: Ok. Wait, this isn't like hoarding is it?
me: Kinda. But it's more sprawling than it is hoarding.
dr soc: Well, ok then. As long as that's it.
me: Exactly.

--a day later after dr soc's trainer had kicked his ass and he was really sore. Stairs were his nemesis at the moment--

me: Maybe an ibuprofen or two will take the edge off. It might help you move a little better.
dr soc: Yeah, I think I will take something.
me: there's aspirin and Advil in the bathroom over there if you need them.
dr soc: (sigh of relief) Cool, thanks!
me: (as he heads to the bathroom) Hey, honey! Aren't you really glad there's pills down here?
dr soc: (resigned) Yes. Thank you, good idea.
me: Yep. You're welcome! (smirk)

No comments: