Friday, January 14, 2011

Last Name

Because I am a kept woman (and enjoying it!) for the moment, dr soc is the one who paid for our gym membership. One of the new membership things they give you is a gift card to use towards some of the other services they offer (like tanning or childcare) that we didn't include in our overall membership package.

Since dr soc and I both already had personal fitness goals, (me: break 2 hours in a half and him bulk up but not to the point where he's too big and can't put his arms down and I laugh at him) we used the gift cards towards few one-on-one sessions with a personal trainer tailored towards our individual goals. Mine specializes in endurance sports, and dr soc's, well, I don't know what dr soc's specializes in.


But anyway when the sales associate was scheduling us for our initial sessions, "for fun" he gave me dr soc's last name. Which I didn't bother to correct, amused me highly and took it a step further by cheekily smiling at my boyfriend daring him to say otherwise. (he is fully aware of my move-up-the-alphabet covet and of my intention to take his last name). To which dr soc paled slightly and replied "you're (sales guy) speeding everything up!"

Fully aware of dr soc's discomfort, I continued to refer to myself in third person as Sarah Soc (Soc is not his real last name) for the rest of the evening. Because it simultaneously continued to amuse me and scare him. Yep. Ahh, domestic bliss!

No comments: