Wednesday, January 12, 2011

'Eff You Pet Store Employee.

I was almost out of food for Bailey and petsmart was having an "essentials" sale. Since we were in the area after finding our new local favorite mexican place, (they make guacamole at your table! Too bad dr soc doesn't like avocado.. another blog for another day) so we stoped in to pick up a few things.

I was looking for Bailey's brand of food but it wasn't obvious, so enter the pet store employee (minion).

pet store minion: (friendly) Can I help you find something?
me: (friendly as well because I am nice) Yes, please. Purina dog chow?
psm: (judgy!) ::pause:: Oooo, it's in the next aisle.
me: (fake nicely now that I've been judged) Thank you.

Then, this kid shows/follows me to the next aisle and ask this in his same judgy tone:

psm: So, um, how do you feel about the dog chow? Do you have any problems with it? (is this kid really asking me how I feel about my dog's food? It's and inanimate object and I didn't even know (care) it had feelings)
me: it's fine, and no, no problems. ::pause:: Why? Was there was a recall or something?
psm: well, it's just the grocery store brand and you can get it everywhere (umm yeah, that's why it's convenient and a lot of people buy it). It's mostly grain and doesn't have any as many vitamins and stuff.
me: Uh huh...well, it's what's she's used to. And she's fine.
psm: Have you had any problems with his coat or anything?
me: Not really. And she's perfectly fine.
psm: Well, sure ok. But I can let you know about some of the other food options we have here or help with any questions you may have.
me: I'm good, thanks.
psm: ok...

First: what the hell? Was I just being judged on what my DOG eats?
Second: why does this kid care what I buy, it's not like they work on commission and me buying a more expensive food is going to get him his quota.
Third: the reason she eats what she eats is because it's convenient and quite often on sale somewhere because so many other people buy it too. Purina is doing something right.
Fourth: I also bought a new crate, dog multi-vitamins (that help her coat which psm was so concerned about), breath busters and treats that trip, so my bill was easily over $100. I more than made up for those 20 bones I didn't spend on dog food in other places.
And fifth: 'eff off minion. As a master judger, I clearly know when it is happening to me and I do not find it to be acceptable behavior of people who have not mastered the task. Especially over dog food.

No comments: