Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crazy Girlfriend

You know what's a dangerous rabbit hole to fall down? The bubble of tulle. You know what I kept drifting towards when I missed my boyfriend at the start of our long distance? The bubble of tulle.

Remember may or may not? Tip of the iceberg. I fell down that rabbit hole and didn't even try to get out. Even though I knew it was too soon to be sucked into the tulle vortex, I researched venues, started planning the guest list and thought about my registry.

I admit it was a lapse in sane girlfriend land. I knew perfectly well that even if I was in sane girlfriend territory I'm not any closer to getting a sparkly. And fortunately, I had enough self awareness to know I was doing this because I missed him and stopped cold turkey. I also knew that I was fresh off my dad's diagnosis and wedding planning was a happy distraction. (And also school started so I had other methods of distraction then too)

I did tell dr soc I had gotten a little internet research happy and that I found a venue that I liked. Fortunately he loves me and didn't think I was too insane (I think). Then again, I didn't exactly tell him how far down the crazy path I went either... But even more fortunately, he's a guy and really just has no idea how soul consuming the BOT is (or what the BOT is for that matter, nor does he know what tulle is). Though it may be prudent to check that he hasn't run away screaming and changed the locks after he reads this...

No comments: