Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Big Steps

I'm moving to Charlotte. Soon. Tomorrow soon. Remember that Dr soc got a job in Charlotte and I was going to join him when I finished school thing? Well, it's time.

Have I packed? Kinda. Am I excited? Yes, very. And I happy that I get to be with dr soc? Absolutely. But I would be lying if I didn't say I'm extremely nervous too.

I'm really nervous. Not only just top be moving to a new city, but also to be moving in with my boyfriend. I'm really really nervous about that. It's...it's a big step. That I made and epically failed at before. But big steps mean putting on my big girl pants...so...ok then, here we go.

I'm also really sad about moving away from home. And this time it's for good, I'm done being a boomerang child. My mom is taking this really hard and with my dad the way he is, I feel really bad about just leaving. I know none of us, mom, me, dad, and dr soc want me to put my life on hold. Especially since my dad's not going to "get better." But that doesn't stop the guilt from leaving this difficult situation, the relief from leaving it, and the guilt that stems from that relief.

But two and half years ago if you had told me Lexington wasn't forever I would have cried. If you had told me that I would go back to college and graduate and take the GRE, I would have laughed at you. And if you told me that I would absolutely fall in love again and with the greatest man, I would have called you a liar.

And so nerves or not, sadness aside and some major goals accomplished, I move on. Here I go!

No comments: