Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Media firestorm

This was my twitter feed Friday/Saturday:
Spazzella: though not officially engaged, Mike and I are starting to look at wedding dates, venues and set up a joint email account for registering.
--2 seconds later--
I'm squeeing like you wouldn't believe!
-- The next morning as I continue to squee--
I've been released me down the bubble of tulle path. I have already priced 4 different venues. he has no idea what he's unleashed!
And thus the twitter/facebook firestorm of "are you engaged?!?! questions. Which is a very fair question. The short, and official for the moment answer is: no, we are not engaged . Dr soc has not proposed, we are still calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend, and I have booked nothing and/or put money down for the happiest day of our lives. YET.
As a way of calming everyone, including myself, down, I offer up this explanation tweet: not officially. but we were looking at time frames, budget calculations and how much $ to save, and I took off to the bot w/out looking back!
Which I did. I just got really, really excited and thus took off running into "plan" mode. And a dear dear friend got just as excited as I did and added fuel to the excited fire.
So while I created my own little hurricane of crazy and had to do some damage control, I'm still completely excited about it. I was never this excited about my other engagement or wedding. I have no hesitations and I can't wait. And as a final thought, I leave you my last tweet of the firestorm: don't worry my dears, when mike pops the question, we'll inform ya'll in a much more personal way than announcing it via facebook or twitter! this was my

No comments: