Friday, March 25, 2011

Animal Instinct

me: Will ikea load stuff in my car for me?
LB: I don't know if that's a service they offer, but you are a pretty girl and can probably get someone to help you.
me: That's what I told mike! When I said that he looked at me like I had set women back 50 years. Stupid phd and social equality beliefs.
LB: Silly mike. doesn't he know that no amount of policy or social structure will win out over pure animal instinct?
me: I think he tries to ignore that because then he thinks his schooling was in vain. Whereas I exploit it to my advantage. This may be why he calls me the worst sociologist ever.
LB: Or perhaps you are the best...
me: That's my theory. Don't ignore the inequality, just use it to your advantage.

Note: I don't think his 11 years of school (7 of them grad school) and 3 degrees in sociology will find this conversation quite as funny as I do, nor will it change his opinion on my sociologist status. However, my 8 years of schooling (all undergrad baby) and 1.5 degrees thinks otherwise. And since it is my blog, voila!

No comments: