Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beware the Ides of March

Yesterday the universe told me to make engagement chicken* by thawing out the frozen chicken in my freezer and me having a bag of lemons to cook with. And then we had 2 mini pies for desert because it was pi day. (3.14! I am a dork, but I have pie, so I declare a win. (despite charlie sheen's bat sh*t crazy overuse of the term, pie always has been and will continue to be a solid win)) The universe made this happen for me.

However, the universe also got dr soc stuck in traffic for an hour whilst driving home from work, thus keeping him away from the engagement chicken for a while. So the universe seems to be telling him other wise.

*It wasn't actually "real" engagement chicken because I deemed the amount of lemons and lemon juice the recipe specifies an asinine amount and I don't like food that's too lemony. So I stuffed onion, celery, carrot, garlic and lemon in the chicken and roasted the thing. Maybe the universe is telling me that I am not desperate and don't need a lemon chicken to spend the rest of my life w/dr soc.

But lets go back to that my freezer thawed out the frozen chicken in my freezer part. Because last time I checked a freezer was supposed to freeze things, and keep things that are already frozen, frozen. Thawing a whole 5 lb chicken seems counter-freezing. The stuff at the bottom of the freezer was still frozen though. And today, dr soc woke me up to tell me the top half of the fridge decided to stop working as well, and spoiled most of the stuff in there. (I may have an aluminum-clad stomach and can handle more than dr soc, but I don't know of anyone who could handle chunky milk.) I salvaged what I could and moved that to the bottom half of their respective (not) cold units, but this sucks. I want to keep checking to see if it's still cold, but I don't want to loose whatever tiny amount of cold that is in there by constantly opening the door. Someone is coming by to look at it tomorrow morning which is good, but we've already lost a lot of food.

But here is what I thought this morning when dr soc told me the fridge was not working. Et tu refrigerator? Et tu? Beware the Ides of March indeed!

No comments: