Sunday, May 9, 2010

Check!

I have 21 things on my husband checklist. Sixteen on the boyfriend checklist in addition to the husband checklist.

Dr Soc has 19 of the husband. All 16 of the boyfriend. Seriously.

So he's doesn't make the most fabulous pancakes (they are by no means bad, they just aren't the most fabulous). Having his PhD greatly outranks my "college degree highly encouraged." And he can't parallel park very well (neither can I). So we'll pay for valet in the direst of circumstances.

And you know, I created those checklists in the midst of grieving over my broken engagement. The husband one for sure. I just wanted someone who was not my ex, and I wanted an upgrade along with it. So while the lists were originally in fun and cathartic, they should be taken with a grain of salt.

But hey, 35 out of a total of 37? And he exceeds expectations in other areas. Is this too good to be true? No. Because I believe that I'm worth it. And he is too. Perhaps I shouldn't be too boastful, because pride comes before the fall. But I have a good thing. And I'm really, really happy about that.

No comments: