Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boyfriend

I have a boyfriend!

Yeah, I think of dr soc* as my boyfriend. I don't know if we're using the titles per say, like this is my boyfriend/girlfriend, and I don't know if he thinks of me actually as his girlfriend. (plus I don't know if I think of myself as a girlfriend yet. Wait, why is it not reciprocal?) But I know he intends to see me for at least the next few months because we've made plans through the summer, and he doesn't want to see anyone else but me for that matter either. (He did say "I love you" the other night, but it was during sex, so clearly, that doesn't count) But he does like me, and I know that because he told me so, without promoting or in response or during ya know. So... that works.

You know, I haven't had a boyfriend in..... almost 3 years. My fiancé was my last boyfriend, that is until he became the fiancé. Eventually after him I started seeing the library guy, but he and I were never anything serious. I don't even know what to call us. Oh. Wait. Yes I do. ::snort:: yeah. Not a boyfriend. And then there was the default crush, but obviously nothing panned out there (being that he wigged) Which was an odd blessing in disguise, because now I have a boyfriend who I just think is so squee and smart and funny and hot and just freaking awesome.

While I really like saying/thinking I have a boyfriend, doesn't it sound a just a little young? But what else can I really say with the same status? Significant other? Manfriend? The guy I'm seeing exclusively? Yeah, those all sound... stupid.

So: I have a boyfriend!

* I will probably still refer to him as dr soc rather than boyfriend in blog-speak. Because that's easier and I think the name is funny and cute and unmistakeably him.

added 5/9/10: yep, he's definitely my boyfriend. Just as I'm definitely his girlfriend. We had this talk last night. There's no ambiguity there, we had the talk and used the titles and everything now.

No comments: