Monday, May 24, 2010

I Don't Exist

When my sister and I were both engaged, neither of us lived with our parents. But we had both come home for Christmas, and my sister didn't have a house key anymore. I asked her why not, and she told me she gave it up, "because I don't live there anymore." I responded, "So? I don't live there either and I still have my key."

Good thing I did too, because 7 months later it made oozing my stuff home during the break up much easier. And now I have no intention of leaving my parent's house becasue life here rocks. (seriously, not leaving (well, unless there is an engagement ring that is).) My stuff's all over the place and the dog pretty much rules the house, so it's fairly obvious that I live there. But when you look at the family photos on the mantle, it's my sister's graduation and wedding pictures in the frames.

The uc pics had my ex in them, so those had to come down (note to self: this degree don't take pictures with the SO. I mean, I'm not walking so there probably won't be any pictures anyway, but still, note to self). And well, the latter mentioned pictures are self explanatory as to why I don't have those either.

I'm in the family wedding picture, but it's not my picture. And there's another family photo with all four of us in it, sort of propped up. But I look like crap in it, so I don't even want it up there. Which explains why I don't want pictures of me running either, I look a fright in those. But even though we're a family of four, it kinda looks like there's only one kid.

At least one kid who did something. I'm just the other daughter. I'm the one without any bragging rights.

No comments: