Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stages

There are apparently 5 to 7 different stages of dating, depending on which google search link you choose. But I happen to know of only a few different stages, because I have reached these w/dr soc:
  1. The airport stage: yep, he was going to pick me up from the airport when I got back from Napa. Except that my connecting flight was late and I missed my flight home by 20 minutes, so I ended up catching the first flight out the next morning and my mom picked me up from that plane ride foiling our first airport pick up stage. Airport stage: check!
  2. The holiday stage: we had a Sunday night date and it happened to be Easter evening. When he said it was an Easter date I said "hey look at that, we're already spending the holiday's together!" And we'll be spending the 4th of July together as well, which the best holiday ever. So holidays, check!
  3. The meeting friend/family stage: he has met my sister and few of my closest friends all who approve. I've met some of his friends/coworkers (no idea if they approve of me but maybe those things don't mater to him). And oh yeah, we've met each other's parents. (remember my big girl pants search 2 weeks ago?) I'm meeting more of his family in another month at a family wedding. Meeting friends and family stage: check-ish!
  4. And the appliance stage: while an indicator of how solid the relationship is, I do not approve of the appliance/practical gift stage until the 2nd gift giving opportunity after 2 full years of marriage. There was talk of getting me a collapsible crate for Bailey for my birthday, but I sorta already bought that and keep it at his place.... So we'll see when July rolls around what gift he presents (it better not be heart shaped jewelry either. I'm not 15). Appliance stage: no check (yet/maybe/we'll see).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! Grant and I hit the appliance stage at Christmas #1 That Brita pitcher was given with love...;)