Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thank You

You know what two words are not that hard to say and carry a lot of weight?
"Thank you."

But apparently no one knows how to say this anymore. Or they think they're the center of the universe and everyone else was put here for them. (Fools. The universe is an ellipse so there are actually 2 foci, and clearly those spots belong to me and my girlfriends.) But welcome to the me generation, where there is no need to say thank you and now we're stuck with a bunch of rude little fcks.

Yesterday I answered about 4 question in the span of 10 minutes at work. Simple where are the so-and-so books. So I walk them over to the area being helpful and the ugly (yes it was) child looks at me with the stupidest expression on their face, waiting for me to go because I had thus served my purpose for that moment. This happened 3 more times. (great the kid is ugly and stupid, two things I have no patience/tolerance for.)

Seriously, how hard is it to say thank you? Do you know how far those words will carry? Maybe not to the ends of the earth, but little common courtesies never hurt anyone. For example: when we were driving to DC for my sister's graduation, we had to drive on a toll road. We get to the booth and as I hand the fare over, I simply acknowledged the toll both guy by saying hi and smiling. (I may have even asked how are you due to my southern manners). He was taken aback but he smiled back. You could tell I made his day better.

So simple. Big impact.

So new life goals: live in a castle (a modern one with all the conveniences of course) and teach my children to say thank you. Good plan.

No comments: