Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Anniv...oh wait.


Here's where I was last year:
Virgina Beach sunbathing, trying not to think about my non-wedding day
(naps and wine helped)

I was remarkably serene that day, considering how disappointed I was. But I saw the silver lining and at some point tweeted this: "nap on the beach. WAY better then getting married to the wrong guy."
(However, the next day I broke down because I think I was trying so hard to be remarkably serene the day before.
)

This year I'm way better. It has crossed my mind a few times, but it's more along the lines of a wisp of a thought then an all depression. Plus this year I have a boyfriend which removes the sting of at the time were shattered dreams.

So happy anniversary to me. Happy anniversary of not making the biggest mistake of my life. Happy anniversary to being smart enough to know I didn't want to be a divorce statistic. Happy anniversary to me for being strong!

No comments: