Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meet the Parents

With things going as well as they have been w/Dr soc, I figured at some point we would meet each others' parents. I figured around early July at his brother's wedding, so about 2 months from now.

He thought it would be a good idea for me to meet them before the wedding, seeing it's his brother's wedding and his entire family has other things on their mind then meeting/getting to know his new girlfriend. Which makes sense. Plus he's going to have to leave me alone at some point and while we both know I'm more than capable of holding my own, still. Lots going on.

So he suggested we head up to see his parents at some point in the next few weeks before the wedding. We found a weekend that worked with our jobs and my classes and we were set to go in 3 weeks. But then I tweeted this: I'm traveling the meeting dr soc's family in 3 weeks. this was a good idea last night. I'm suddenly freaked out about it now though.

And great, I was going to have to deal with my slight anxiety for the next 3 weeks. What if they don't like me? Well, I'm actually not worried that they won't like me per say. I'm highly likable, very respectable and I clean up nice. It's not that. But what if...what if they think I'm not good enough?

But I need to find my big girl pants and I need to find them fast. Because his schedule changed and now we're going sooner than 3 weeks. Like this weekend sooner.

I'm traveling to meet my boyfriend's parents in 3 days for the first time. Oh holy hell.

No comments: