Friday, May 21, 2010

Ortho Try Again

When it was time for the annual woman's appointment, I wanted to switch birth controls. For a few reasons but mainly, it was making my skin worse so most of my reasons were vain. (I have fairly good skin, and you can't blame a girl for playing up her attributes.)

So I went back on ortho-tri something, even though that was I was on a year ago and I hated it with the fire of a 1000 suns. I was apprehensive about it and I told the dr that, but since it was a much lower dose of the original I was on, it was worth a shot.

Yeah. No. I forgot I know my body better then a dr I've seen once. Because I fucking. hate. ortho-whatever it is. Hate hate hate. Flames hate. Hate. You see my point?

My dr friend told me there are basically 2 types of pills, ones that abate your normal cycle, and others mimic and intensify. Ortho is one of the latter, so crap. I've always been a little (snort) moody to go with the ebbs and flows of a woman's reproductive system. But the kind of moody I am right now is ridonkulous.

For example, I was in a chatty good mood when I got home from school. Half an hour later, I snapped over something petty and my father hid due to my wrath. I calmed down and made us lunch, but then in another 2 hours when my firewall settings wouldn't let me pay a bill online, I screamed at the computer screen and then burst into tears.

This? That right there? Is NOT. GOOD.

I've called the dr and hopefully I can switch by the end of the week. Because seriously, these mood swings are exhausting and unnessecary. Not to mention they just don't make a nice person because they make me feel worthless. But the the weirdest part is that I turn into bitchy hot girl. I know I'm completely unattractive due to my attitude, so the only thing I seem to think I'm good for is arm candy. That's just effed up.

No comments: