Friday, December 19, 2008

Sneeky Starbucks

Starbucks makes me use their lingo.

I refuse to order my stuff, tall, venti, grande. Because it annoys me. If I'm going to pay $4 for a cup of fancy coffee, I am going to order it how I damn well want it. Well, they have this fantastic seasonal latte; the pumpkin spice. It's all sorts of deliciousness, and I treat myself to one at some point during the fall. Well, I had a super craving for it, and the Starbucks kiosk was 20' across from me. And I was shopping, I needed sustenance in the form of foamy caffeinated seasonal goodness. So I ordered a small pumpkin spice latte. And the cashier guy asked "now, do you want the small or the tall? Because this is the small" and holds up this 6 oz joke of a coffee cup. And my hand flies to my chest and I gasp "oh no! That's terribly small!" So I begrudgingly ordered the my pumpkin spice tall.

Fine Starbucks, you win, I will use your fancy size language. But I still won't be ordering anything skinny, no foam, half calf, or other bull sh*t. So there.

No comments: