Friday, December 26, 2008

Handbag

I'm not a designer purse kind of gal. Not to say I'd turn one down as a gift (which is how I got a Prada bag (yes that was a name drop, no I don't care.), but I won't buy one for myself. And as much as I adore Kate Spade handbags, I don't love her stuff that much to pay those designer prices.
Really, I don't care to shop for purses at all. I get bored quick with it (unlike shoes which I could shop for hours), and I want to find the "perfect" bag. Not too small-becasue then you can't fit anything in it. Not too big-becasue then I'll put way too much stuff in it (like an umbrella) and I don't like a heavy purse-even if it is a lethal weapon. It must be easy to open/close. I would like pockets or a compartment of some sort, but not one of those stupid cell phone pockets. Because no one uses those. I like a more structured bag as opposed to a slouchy bag so the contents don't fall out of the purse when I get tired of closing it. And I prefer handles and not shoulder straps. I like to swing the thing. And it must be classic, I'm going to carry it for a while.
When I find a purse I like, I use it a long time. I'm willing to spend more if I can use it a few seasons. But I've lucked out: the 2 purses that I use the most, and have received the most compliments on? Combined total: under $30

No comments: