Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Shiney

My sister pointed something out to me: in my 10 years of dating, of my 6 serious boyfriends, 5 of them have given me jewelry
  1. 1st boyfriend: a heart necklace for valentines day. We broke up a week later. Right, I'm a bitch. Is being 16 a good defense?
  2. 2nd boyfriend: a bracelet on my 17th birthday, and earrings for our 6 month-versary. I lost the bracelet when it fell out of my band bag (while we were dating), and one of the earrings at some point. I don't think I ever told him that...oops
  3. 3rd boy: a ring for valentines day. He put it on my right hand, and later remarked "oh it's on the wrong hand." And I said "no, nothing goes on that hand unless it's a diamond" We had talked about marriage, then I remembered, we were 18.
  4. 4th boyfriend: Nothing shiny. Boo.
  5. 5th boyfriend: necklace from Tiffany's. Because I (drunkenly) said "I want just one thing from that store and I'll be happy for the rest of my life" And he drunkenly remembered. Plus it was Christmas, how was I to know he would take my suggestion to heart?
  6. 6th boyfriend/the ex: 2 necklaces and earrings as anniversary/birthday/graduation presents, and the all important engagement ring.
However, I have never actually asked for jewelry, except the engagement ring. And that wasn't an ask really, that was a "there will be a ring or I will not say yes" statement. So future husband: you are really only required 2 pieces, the engagement ring and wedding band. But, it would be prudent of you to remember this tidbit: at some point I would like a strand of pearls for as a wedding anniversary gift (becasue my sister and I are fighting over who gets mom's. This way, no more fighting!), and every time I birth one of your children (drugged or not), I would like something shiny to commemorate the occasion besides stretch marks. Oh right, I get a baby out of it. Meh, I can always use more earrings.

No comments: