Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MY Registry

I was itching to start my registry. Technically, it was supposed to be ours, but really, it was going to be all my doing. Like I would give him a say in something as important as the china pattern. Ha! Because he has such klassy taste (sarcasm is dripping here)

Clearly, I was going to ask for the ubiquitous kitchen aid mixer in pink. And the bender had to match. Oh oh, while I'm at it, a pink tea pot would be super cute too! And really, I wasn't going to let him pick out the pots (calphalon), knives (henkles), everyday dishes (fiestaware! in scarlet, cobalt, sunflower, shamrock, tangerine, plum and black), or the flatware. He wasn't going to get a say in the coffee maker (he didn't drink it anyway), the food processor (wouldn't use that either), the kitchen linens, the bake ware (becasue I did all the baking), the color coded cutting boards. He owned 250 thread count sheets - NO. So no way was he allowed to pick the sheets or matching down comforter. Or the fluffy factor of the towels, what color the shower curtain should be, how many vases and picture frames we needed... Right, I wasn't really going to give much of a say in anything. I have a feeling he would eventually pitch a fit over something stupid like wanting an ugly toothbrush holder. And I would relent at the moment to avoid a sceen, but I'm sneaky enough to go back the next day and change it. One thing I was going to let him pick was the griddle. He could have whichever one he wanted. Because that is what he was going to make me fabulous pancakes on (and serve them to me in bed on the tray I picked out), so it should be something he likes. But that was it.

I think this is a fabulous plan. I think I'll keep it in place for my real wedding. But my right guy is a classy guy so this whole you-seriously-have-no-taste-issue shouldn't arise. Or better yet, he just shuts his pie hole and gives me the scanner gun. But I'll be nice and I won't really ask for the pink blender. Maybe.
But dammit, I'm getting that pink mixer.

No comments: