Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fa Lah Lah La La!

I like Christmas music. And now that it is officially the holiday season, (after thanksgiving people, AFTER) I feel it's appropriate to listen. Though why do the radio stations keep playing the same version every 15 songs or so? Is there a quota of The Miriah Carey song (you know what I'm talking about) they have to meet every day? I do like that song, I just don't like it 8 times a day.

I'm not against today's music starts putting out a holiday album (for a Christmas album is not PC you see). But why do they insist on adding their own personal touch to the songs? It's a Classic Christmas carol! Keep it that way! And for every beautiful rendition of a classic carol (like my big fancy music term there?), there are so, so many other crappy versions. And why people, why, why, why, can you not just sing the damn song the way it is?!? It's a classic, not yours! Leave it alone!

You know who got it right? Nat King Cole. Every single time. That is how a Christmas Carol should be sung.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

I agree with most of this... except that I'm totally fine with Barbara Striesand screwing around with Christmas music. Her version of Jingle Bells is CHISTMAS for me. Probably because I used to listen to it as a kid...

ja ja ja ja ja jingle bells ja ja ja ja ja ja jangle bells ja ja ja ja ja ja all the way on a one! horse! Open! Sleiiiiiigh!