Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I'm baking cookies this year! Real dough made from scratch break out the rolling pin use a cookie cutter baking. First up, gingerbread. I used to bake it every year, but when I was in college it tapered off a bit. No time, a tiny kitchen, a little thing called hell week (project week). But when I came home home, I could just eat the cookies my mom made, and I didn't have to bake. And mom's never allowed to stop baking becasue someone has to make the candy cane cookies, and I simply can't make them as pretty as she can.

Last year I wanted to make cookies, but all I had time for was peppermint bark, which took forever to get rid of. My almost MiL made tons of cookies and gave us plates and plates of them, but honestly, I wasn't that impressed. Maybe one day I'll tell you I thought a lot of her cooking/baking was pretty bland. Oops, I guess I just did. Now now, tis not the season to be bitchy (that starts next month)

Anywho, I'm going to festive up the place this weekend. I'm getting out of this I'm alone and broken hearted funk. The decorations are being brought out, and the gingerbread dough is made and just waiting to be cut into an army of little men. I like to eat them head first so you can't hear them scream. And there's snow here! A tiny dusting that wouldn't keep the kids out of school, but still, it's very pretty and winter wonderland-ish.
Fa la la la la!

No comments: