Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brit Brit

This may not come as a shock to people, but I love Britney Spears. Not enough to actually buy her album, but I don't love anyone enough to do that. I think the last album I bought was John Mayer if that tells you anything. I had a slightly unhealthy obsession with the man a few years ago (before he became the semi-tool he is now). My intentions were for him to see me and fall in love with me on the spot, and I was going to become Mrs John Mayer. Very simple plan really. Someone was humoring me and asked what I was changing my name to when we got married (clearly) and what was I planning on going by, Sarah Mayer, was I going to hyphenate (which I think is bull sh*t)? I said, "no you don't understand, my full name is going to be Mrs John Mayer. That's it." Actually, I would still marry him. No harm in rubbing a bit of salt in a particular someone's wound now is there? (I'm petty, I have no problem w/this). See, I'm perfectly happy being a real rock star's wife (also bitchy, still, no problem w/it).

Back to the subject at hand. Britney Spears. And after watching her new video, my first thought was: All right Brit-Brit, welcome back! I am all about the pop tarts ruling the charts again. I love a good diva war. It's high time popular music was actually pop. Because I love pop music (no big surprise there), and since all the boy bands have disbanded (sad), I want the bubble gum pop music of my youth back! Now excuse me while I sing along. Loudly.

No comments: