Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Webs We Weave

I reconnected with a drinking buddy one night in the summer. It turns out, that same night he had just come back from an all day drive. (he's one of those people that talks on the phone and drives, which I do not approve of, ( I also suspect he's guilty of texts while driving, which I definitely do not approve of) but I wasn't in the car with him to voice my disprovable. Anyway, his buddy helped him stay awake/alert on the drive home by talking to him most of the drive.

Since my drinking friend and I had arranged to meet that night, at some point my name came up in their conversation. Buddy 2 knew who I was becasue we had all gone to (high) school together. But he also told my drinking buddy:

My buddy: "he said you were obsessed with him in high school."

Me: (laughing) "Actually, it was early middle school, but yeah, huge crush."

Buddy 1 starts cracking up becasue I didn't even try to deny it. The night continues and our conversation moves on. But Buddy 1 told the former crush I confirmed his story because a few days later, guess who's requesting to be my friend on facebook?

Ah the tangled webs we weave.

No comments: