Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finger Prints

Before I could get all cleared to work in maternity, I had to get the special maternity badge (it was a different color that said I was allowed to be around the babies, and my last name was left off as well) and get security clearance.

So I go to security, fill out the paper work and answer the barrage of questions. Having passed all those clearance, I find out that I have to get fingerprinted. Apparently to work with children and criminals, (what the hell kind of connection is that?) your fingerprints must be on file in Ohio. (There was a little drama that my legal residence was (still is) in Kentucky but I worked in Ohio, so my fingerprints were sent to the national level I think)

Anyway, security dude brings out the ink pad and finger print sheet and looks at me expectantly. I'm about to put my thumb in the ink but I'm not doing it right I guess, because he stops me and asks:

Security dude: "Have you ever done this before?"
me: "NO! You're not supposed to have done this before!"
Security dude: "Oh, right. Good point."

No comments: