Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yep. Chinese New Year, but hey, still, happy one!
There are many customs and traditions when it comes to Chinese New Year which I will share with you now. You should:
  • Wear red and gold to symbol good luck and wealth.
  • There is no use of knives or cutting, something about it cutting your luck. So all the food is made the day before and it's dim sum, tiny yummy treats. I love me some finger food.
  • There's also something about not washing your hair. Which I won't adhere to becasue I'm a wash my hair every day kind of girl, and besides, I'm only half Chinese.
  • Children (especially the unmarried ones) are given little red envelopes with money. Pay up mom!
  • It is bad luck to cry on new years, therefore, be naughty and your parent's can't yell at you.
  • However, it is bad luck to be naughty anyway, so this one isn't a win for any one.
  • You should at least wash your feet the night before that way you walk into the new year with clean soles. New shoes are even better.
So clearly, to honor my Asian side, I need new shoes!

This is a flawless plan. Flawless.

No comments: