Friday, February 12, 2010

The OLYMPICS

So, I'm ridiculously excited about the Olympics. Ridiculously pee in my pants excited, stupid giddy at the mere thought of them.

Summer and Winter, I can't get enough. I want to know who won what, what the medal count is up to, I will watch all 4 hours of Olympic coverage every single night, and I will switch to another station if and only if there is different coverage going on.

One of my life goals is to go to both a summer and winter Olympic games. I know it will cost a ridiculous amount of money, but it's totally worth it. I have a feeling that at some point in my life, the games will be in the USA or Canada again, and I will be able to go. And they announce these things 6 years in advance, that's plenty of time to plan and save and get my tush to see the worlds most elite athletes.

I absolutely believe in the integrity and the fairness of the games. So don't anyone go being an asshole and tell me you think all the athletes are on something. The IOC tests and retests and they keep sample for years. If a new drug test is discovered, they will perform it, and they will strip you of your medal(s) years later. You may have gotten away with it at the time, but if you cheat, you will get caught and you will be punished.

But since I am not going to the games this year, I am content to watch with bright eyes and excitement in my dad's man cave. And, if that's not enough (though it totally totally is), I just play my own games alongside of them. I mean, my games are more of the drinking variety, but that doesn't make them any less fun for me!

1 comment:

Bry said...

Hate to say it, but the US Men's Hockey team is not going to make it. Then again, Canada lost a few key personnel due to injury.