Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vapid

While I'm only two weeks into classes, I've mapped out my tests, homework due dates, papers, and reading schedule for the entire semester. I'm going to have to rearrange some of my work times too, but that's another project. I figured I'm going to be busy. And not only am I going to be busy, my classes are hard and time consuming.

Six years in daap taught me I need some sort of stress relief because I will melt if I don't. Sometimes, I need to clear my head, and it's a lot easier to get back into the swing of things after a mental break than a melt. So this semester, I've also designated play times. It may sound a bit counter intuitive, scheduled down time. But if I don't make time, then it might not happen.

It's easy to get bogged down in the amount of class work, lecture notes and reading. Sometimes the only way to get my retention to work, I need to clear my head. When I was running last semester, I felt pretty good. There was nothing like a 3 mile run to just empty my head. And when I hopped on the treadmill the other day, everything went "poof."

I used to have the manrta, work hard, play hard. Well I still do. But I see no reason why I shouldn't do something good for my body at the same time. I just need to find the time to do so. So if I ever do get a moment I haven't micro managed, I'd like to take a yoga class. Anyone else?

No comments: