Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nineteen

I hear through the grapevine (aka, over drinks and some loose lips), that a former co-worker of mine (who is only a year or two older than me I believe), is dating a 19-year old (that's a 9-10 year age gap). Eyebrows were raised, knowing glances were shot around, and tongues wagged a bit. And then someone in the grapevine also said she was a dirty girl.

First I thought, "yeah, I don't care." But I though about it a second more and said "well, what else can you really be at 19 except dirty?"

Hey, think about it. At 19, you can't (legally) get into bars or buy alcohol, so you can't really hang out with your older boyfriend.* So what else can you legally do except be a dirty girl?

*unless you have a fake id.**

** (Side note to my footnote) I think I'm the only person in who never had a fake id. Why bother? I already look younger than I am, I knew I couldn't pass for anything older then actually was.

No comments: