Saturday, September 5, 2009

H.A.B.I.T

That stands for Hips, Abs, Butt, Inner Thighs. Cute right?

It's a group fitness class offered at the (UK) gym. They offer about 10 different classes a day during the week, and even some on the weekends (though not nearly as many). With my school and work schedule though, I can only make habit on Friday afternoon or Wednesday at 7:30 am, another muscle class on Friday, and a yoga class on Sunday. (hey, where do I park if I go to the one on Sunday?)

So yesterday, I tried out the class and I liked it. Even though my schedule's a bit snug, I'm going to make the Friday class part of my routine. The physical activity clears my mind after a full week of classes. And also, even though I'm single and don't plan on anyone seeing me naked for a while, doesn't mean I have to let everything go.

I'm currently not in the best shape, but I could keep up in the class at least. I was really sweaty and my face was super flushed after class, but I did ok. It could have been the mile run I did right before the class that attributed to my overall flush-ness though. The part that I felt the best about was the ab work. Here I am, the end of my first sculpting class and I'm twisting and crunching on an exercise ball and keeping up with the instructor. "Go me!" I thought.

But what's the saying: pride goeth before the fall.

'Cause I hurt today in all my habit areas. But I expected that some, and it's really not that bad. But guess what hurts the most? Yep, my abs.

No comments: