Friday, September 18, 2009

Morning Conversation

I'm sitting in my calculus class (at 8 am) and we have to work in groups. And that's fine because my TA is a spy and/or villain and it's hard to understand her anyway. But the 2 boys I'm working with (seriously, boys, one just turned 18 (18!)), one said I talk really quite.

Me: well, it's morning, I'm not awake in the morning.
boy 1: but you had coffee (eyes my travel mug jealously).
me: that means I can function, does not mean I'm awake (but hey my snark/wits/reasoning skills are in full form though!)
boy 2: where did you get coffee?!
me: at my house...
boy 2: Oh. You actually live somewhere.
girl next to me: where do you live?
me: At home, with my parents. And it's awesome.
all three: Really?

1 comment:

Bry said...

Living at home is a great gig if you can swing it. A nice opportunity to put money away and otherwise get yourself on your feet while you're in transition.

Kind of wish it'd have been an option in my case. My wife was able to save up enough money living at home that she was able to take a year off and do mission work and still pay her car (ahead) all year.