Thursday, September 3, 2009

Allergies suck. And itch. And wheeze.

I'm getting besieged by my allergies. Just flat out attacked on all fronts. I'm stuffed up, yet my nose is running, I have a sinus headache, my eyes itch and I'm sneezing a lot. I'm running the gauntlet of symptoms. And it sucks donkey balls. (did that saying ever catch on? It should, I like it)

And nothing I take works. Due to the cornucopia of meth labs (makers would run into a pharmacy and swipe shelves of otc pills in seconds), drug companies altered their formulas and took out the stuff that meth makers use. You know, the part that actually works. So now, all the OTC stuff is utter bull sh*t. And yet I still buy it, thinking fingers crossed it's going to work.

Ok, some drug companies didn't change their formulas and that stuff is sold behind the counter now. You have to show Id, and they keep track of how many you buy and how many times you do. And even though it's the exact same pill that use to be sold over-the-counter, it's a controlled substance now. Ergo: more expensive. I guess since the pharm tech has to hand you something, it ups the cost. Maybe it's a service charge?

But I'm miserable this allergy season (this, right here (pointing a finger to emphasize point) is a season I do not like anything about). So I've been taking the rest of my Advil cold and sinus from my last cold to cope. And they're working pretty well. It's because they're good behind the counter pills.

So lesson learned for next year. Pony up, and buy the good drugs. I may have to sign 3 different waivers and promise them my first born, but I don't care.

Stupid meth heads, you ruined it for everyone.

1 comment:

Bry said...

If it's any consolation, the changes in OTC requirements take us several days at work to deal with. We have to change a lot of stuff and it's a pain in the butt!