Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Girl For All Seasons

Aaaand now I have that song from Grease 2 in my head (terrible, terrible movie)
Anyway, things I like about each season:

Summer: My favorite holiday is 4th of July. My birthday! And few other friends have summer birthday's too. When we were kids, school was out. Flip flops and tank tops are in season. The over all brightness of the colors. I just love to sunbathe. And there's all sorts of fruit in season, and you never need a reason to go get ice cream. Plus there's summer blockbusters, and I usually want to see at least one of them.

Fall: The slightly cooler temperatures are a reprieve. I love the colors, how the hues get deeper and richer. The food get's heartier. The clothes get a little heavier and I look cute in scarves. Two words: Boot season. Halloween's a fun time, but who doesn't like a holiday all about candy? (I need a new costume this year, any suggestions?). Not that I do this, but I've been told it's fun: tail gating. I like football since I have a fantasy team. The fall meet at Keeneland! I like the smell of campfire sometimes- as long as I get s'mores. And as dorky as this sounds, school's in session.

Winter: if I skied, I would like snow. I like wearing sweaters and that I don't have to shave my legs (seriously, I love that). I like Christmas and New Years, and since I don't have to make Thanksgiving dinner, I like that too (though technically, that's a late fall thing). My mom's birthday is in there, plus Chinese New Year. But other than that, I don't really care for the cold, Valentine's Day, and the overall bleakness of Kentucky. So except for a few saving graces, winter sucks.

Spring: the warming up. Spring meet at Keeneland! A few friends birthdays. Easter candy. How pretty everything is when it blooms (except for the ass trees. I don't know what they are, but the smell terrible so I've named them ass trees). Tulips, oh I love tulips! (Side story: my family saved Holland's tulip industry during World War 2. I just say my family saved Holland. Yep, uh huh.). Spring races (running). My sister's birthday. And derby day!

I'm sure there are other things I love about each season, but that's all I have for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've left off a big one for Winter and Spring - UK Basketball!