Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dry spell

I'm not super thrilled at the prospect of a dry spell. But now I'm wondering what's been my longest time between boyfriends.

Lets see, I think there were 2 months between my first and second boyfriend. Oh, is that it? Felt like a lot longer back then. There were about 9 months after the 2nd boyfriend and my first college boyfriend. But I did have a summer fling in that time period though (it was a long summer too).

Then lets see, college. This is where it gets fuzzy, because it's when I stopped the insta-boyfriend stuff. And I don't consider some of the guys I dated boyfriends. For example, the guy I dated the start of my 3rd year for about 3 weeks. Him, not a boyfriend. But he did break a dry spell.
But hmm, there were about 6 months between the first gay boyfriend and the 3rd one. Wondering about the 2nd? He wasn't really a boyfriend. Chronologically , he came between them, but not so much a traditional-type boyfriend. And I don't know if I ever considered the 3rd one a traditional boyfriend either, he was just someone I dated for a little bit. (also, had a hard time seeing him as manly)

Anyway, 3rd whatever he was and I ended, and then 7 months later came previously mentioned 3 week third year guy, and 2 weeks after him came my first love (yeah, that's why I broke up with the 3 week guy). And maybe about 6 months between first love and the next boyfriend. Just shy of a year after that boyfriend and I broke up, I started dating my fiance. And after I left the fiance, it was around 7-8 months before Library Guy asked me out.

These are all estimates by the way. And I wasn't completely celibate during those single spans either. There were some blips on the radar I didn't mention. And I didn't sleep with all of those guys either. But still, those are some longish time spans. Sigh, it looks like I'm headed for another one though. Default crush isn't biting, and it's not like anyone else is knocking at my door. I've had an offer for a boy toy, but it's not a good idea. I'm tempted all the same though (but then, how good a temptation is it if it's a good idea?)

I know it's ok to be single, and that I should be happy by myself. And sometimes I am. But, it's hard not to feel lonely sometimes.

1 comment:

Bry said...

Want a good dry spell? I went 5 whole years between a girl I had dated for 3 months and my (now) wife. Trust me, you've got a *long* way to go!