Friday, September 4, 2009

Observations from the first week of classes

  1. There are a lot of pretty people at UK
  2. However, there are just as many unfortunate looking ones too
  3. I can't take anyone with braces seriously
  4. All of my math teachers so far are really excited about math, and that amuses me. Because I get excited about math too.
  5. Southern accents come in tons of varieties. Even the teachers have them
  6. A lot of people go by two names. Billie-Mae, Rebbecca-Ann, Travis-Jo...
  7. I say I'm an 8th year senior. I know that's not true, but it's still fun to get confused looks
  8. If I hear the word "like" more than 6 times in 2 minutes, I get to punch you in the throat
  9. Not all freshman annoy me. Some of them are sweet as pie and other southern colloquialisms. Some are a little naive and it's just darling. They really can't help their inexperience (bless their hearts!).
  10. But sophomores, are cocky and every bit of what annoys me about young people.
  11. Time doubles in room 107 in the biology building. Doesn't matter the class, it always seems to last for-eeeevv-errrrr in there.
  12. My calculus TA has a thick generic east European accent. Clearly, she is a spy and/or a villain. (I found out she's Turkish. I still think she's a spy)

No comments: