Saturday, September 26, 2009

Right Answer

When someone asked me why I picked chemistry after 6 years of interior design, I said: "because there's a right answer." And there is most definitely a right answer. But that also means there's a wrong answer. Which is what I picked most of on that test (seriously, I didn't even get the partial credit ones. There is nothing good about this).

It's beyond disheartening. I felt that I did ok on that test. I was even starting to like chemistry because I foolishly thought I was starting to understand it.

I cannot get a C in this class. I'm a chemistry major number one. But if I get a C in general chemistry (any chemistry really), I have no hope of getting into a pharmacy school. No one will even look at me.

I'm not going to argue my grade. There's no point, there were wrong answers, and I picked them. It sucks (what's a stronger word for sucks?), but I earned my score because I didn't study correctly (at least I wasn't the lowest score - insert watery smile of victory).

All hope is not lost. There are 2 more exams plus the final. And you have the option of replacing your lowest test score with the portion of the final that covers the material. Assuming you do better on the final of course. I've gotten perfect scores on my homework so far, but that's only 10% of my grade. You get points for going to class (they keep track electronically through clickers), but that's only 5 points. I've gone to the chem help center and written my name down, so I'm trying. And it shows. But it's not going to get me an A if I don't ace the rest of my tests.

So this test is a huge blow. I'm still crying over it, because I really don't know what else to do for the moment. It's frustrating and demoralizing and just plain shitty.

But suck it up. I'm not the first person to fail a chemistry test. I won't be the last. I can study smarter. I can hire a tutor. And if pharmacy isn't an option for me, then...

I guess I'll figure something else out.

No comments: