Sunday, September 27, 2009

Give Up

I'm going to give up on the default crush. For a couple of reasons:
  • We have this terrible tendency to flake on each other.
  • I'm pretty sure he likes someone else.
  • Even if he did like me back and wanted to date me, there's the issue of time.
  • His level of unattainably is probably one of the main driving reasons of why I like him.
  • We're drinking buddies who are attracted to each other. How real an ending can come from this?
If a drinking friendship is all we're supposed to have, then so be it. The friend zone was our only option when we met. We were both in serious long term relationships when we started hanging out and interest in dating wasn't on either of our radars. And there's nothing wrong with it the way it is now, haphazard as it is. So as everything stands the way it is, it's fine (expect for me trying to not make out with him).

But mainly, I just don't think it's going to happen. Our MO seems go as such: a few super fun times, I immediately start crushing, we start flaking and then go months w/out seeing each other. I'm not going to wait with baited breath hoping he'll act on the attraction (he's inferred he's a little attracted to me, thus leading me on the path to crush-ville). There are other fish in the sea, and if he's not going to nibble (or touch, or kiss, or do any other of that fun stuff), I'm not going to fret about it. I'll probably crush on and off for a while and then it will fritter away when the right person comes along. But I can still look really good when/if I see him again right?

No comments: