Friday, December 18, 2009

Stringing Along

Once I went to a happy hour thing with friends and I met a few of their coworkers. It was a fun time and I was my personable self, chatting and laughing with people. But I sparked a flicker of interest in one of the guys it seemed, because he asked my friend if I was seeing anyone. And I had literally just had the exclusive talk with my boyfriend the week before and was off the market. The coworker sagely said, "girls like her born with boyfriends."

Except that we're not. At least, I'm not. And what's a girl like me anyway? Is that even a good thing?

But that brought back a memory of when I was around 10. A neighbor told me that when I was older, I would have a line of boys waiting for me. I rolled my eyes like any 10 year old would, but in my head I was thinking yippee! I'm going to have a string of admirers and that will be awesome!

Yeah. I'm older. Where's that stupid string?

No comments: