Monday, December 7, 2009

Inappropriate

Not to be all bah humbug, but I can't say I'm feeling the Christmas/holiday spirit yet, even though it's popping up everywhere in the form of commercials. Mainly it's because I get annoyed at the jewelry commercials, and some of them are inappropriate. Such as two I saw today:

The Gap cheer holiday seasons for girls. Girls, as in kids. Now I know Gap goes with a theme every year. This year it's cheer leading. Sure, ok, cheer leading isn't my thing, but I won't deny it's athleticism. But the 7-8 year olds are doing some how cute am I buy me stuff cheer, and well, I think, inappropriate. These girls, and I mean girls, are being a little too shake your thing sassy mc-princess for my moral judgment stick. And frankly, I don't think an 8 year old should know how to jut out a hip like a sassy drag queen.

And the other was for a game shop or something. The mom hears her kid come home and is trying to find a place to hide this burly warrior in a loin cloth (btw, not the inappropriate part). She runs through the home but alas! Every place is full with other characters. (the shower? like that doesn't get used every day (we should hope)). So she pulls down the attic stairs, and the character at the top of the stairs is this Elvin warrior female in a few fabric strips and glitter spills out. From her hoo. Why is there glitter coming out of anyone's hoo? I guess it's a treasure trove of sorts, but really? The herpes of crafts in the herpes home? Inappropriate.

No comments: