Saturday, December 5, 2009

Angry Running Girl

So yesterday, I was getting a few looks at the gym. But not in a good way. (No, I do not get checked out at the gym. Because there are younger, tighter, and way prettier girls who don't sweat all over the place there, and they are the girls that get checked out.) I was kinda the angry girl at the gym.

Normally I keep to myself, I run some miles, stretch and do some tone work if I'm up for it. But today, I almost had a full out temper tantrum there. The treadmill I was on "couldn't detect the runner", even though I was clearly on it running and it made me enter my weight on in the first place for proper resistance training (and trust me, you can detect me). So when I had to hit ok to continue for the 3rd time, I was beyond fed up, said "f*ck you" to the treadmill, snatched up my things and hoped onto the treadmill 12" to my right, starting the whole running process over again.

Fortunately, this treadmill detected me fine and I got my stride back. As I'm wiping the sweat of my face and starting to feel calmer, I realized the person on the elliptical next to me was looking over at me with shifty scared eyes. And as relieving as the initial temper tantrum was, in public isn't the best place to have it. But I was in a better mood in 35 minutes, (this includes the 5 minute cool down walk), so I told the gym worker about the faulty equipment so someone else wouldn't have a temper tantrum. I felt up to doing a little tone work too. And bonus, it seems to be cute boy day at the gym, and I just happened to plunk myself down in prime viewing spot of the piece of eye candy running on the indoor track.

Five minutes later:

I'm face flat on the floor, groaning like a dying cow. The only movement I've got going on is the sweat dripping of me. Tone work....not so much. Add more shifty scared eyes.

No comments: