Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Food Wars

My sister was always yelling at my dad for finishing her drinks that she left out. I found it hilarious when we were growing up. Amy, I'm sorry for laughing becasue I completely feel your pain now.

I made peppermint bark and chex mix over the weekend. The peppermint bark is/was going into multiple gift boxes for work and not meant to be eaten by my house. I had one of those disposable 48 oz container things full and ready to give away.

I say was because my dad was left alone all day and ate the top layer of the bark. I have no idea how much that actually is, but there's a noticeably visible difference in the amount I started with and the amount I have. And even though I told him, several times when I was prepping it, making it and storing it, and that it was not for us and to leave it alone, he didn't listen. So I ended up making another batch this morning, pre-shower/pre-coffee because someone is incapable of listening to their neurotic and ridiculously high strung daughter. And while I was going to make another batch for the family later in the week, I had to make it on the fly because I no longer had enough to give away.

Fortunately, I had the supplies to do so, I had saved some chocolate to do just that, make a batch for home. So as I'm crushing the candy canes this morning, my dad comes up and ask if I want him to do that part since that's what he did to help last time. I shot him a look and said, "you've done enough." So he walks away, and opens the peppermint bark that was going to be given as gifts! I screech (and yes, screech) "STILL NOT FOR YOU!!!"

In other cooking news I made a batch of chex mix so we (and yes, this was for the family) could have snacks. I was hoping it would last a few days so I could at least take it to school. Yeah, that's gone too.
This whole not your food thing happens a lot though. Pretty much whenever I cook, it's gone soon after.

So on one hand it is a complement that whenever I make something, it's gone in a day or two.
But it's also really annoying, and honestly, this whole bark thing just pissed me off.

No comments: