Thursday, July 2, 2009

Piggie Piggie

The past couple 4ths, a bunch of us have met up for fun times. Last year the party was moved to my place, so I was pondering what to serve food wise (what does it mean when I knew to buy a case of wine before I even thought about the food?). Since we didn't have a grill, regular picnic fare wasn't in the cards (and fine, it's regular picnic fare. It's not bad, but not special). And then I had the genius idea to make pulled pork, it's easy, feeds a lot of people and mmm mmm good too. And being on a sort of swine kick, I thought, well, I don't make great pancakes (or have a griddle), so what about sausage biscuits the next morning.

But I asked my girlfriends: hey, pulled pork on the 4th and sausage biscuits the morning after. It that too much pork?

They laughed at me. Apparently you can never have too much pig.

This weekend I'm making it again for my family. So there's 8lbs of pork in the fridge. For some reason this amuses me highly.

No comments: