Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Case of the dropsies

Today in class, I inadvertently pushed my backpack clear off the desk. And this isn't a 24" drop, this classroom is tiered, so my bag fell an extra few inches down, since it slid right off 12" wide desk. By the way, 12" desk, fail. I get the space saving try to cram as many seats in as possible, but seriously, 12" is not a lot of room to furiously take notes.

But when the backpack fell, my notebook, lab book and textbook landed on the bag of grapes I had in there. The Ziploc popped on the bottom (but the seel stayed closed tight just fine though) and the grapes spilled into the backpack. So now I'm dealing with sticky over my pens, and grapes with pencil flecks. It's an interesting combination.

Sigh

And then, a few minutes later, I dropped my calculator off the back of the desk (seriously, 12" sucks), and the cover/back of it cracked, came off, and then slid across the floor somehow. Before I did anything to retrieve it though, I prudently moved my coffee mug way out of the way.

I don't even want to think about what I'll end up dropping at work.

No comments: