Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

This is what I did my birthday last year. I went wedding gown shopping/mocking at david's bridal with my friends (we're a mocking-type crowd. And we like it). And then I bought my real wedding gown on my birthday. And no, none of those in the pictures are the one that's hanging in the closet. (btw, the one w/the red, I totally upstaged the other bride standing right next to me in the exact same dress. I'm pretty sure I looked better than most of the brides there in the same dress they had on (it's david's bridal, you're not getting anything unique there). What? I can rock the 1000 layers of polyester tulle, and that is no small feat (neither were any of the dresses!))

What I'm doing this birthday: Going to class and working. Mom's picking up a pizza for dinner from my favorite place and I get to pick the toppings. So nothing extravagant special. Saturday I'm going to see the new Harry Potter and get ice cream, and I'm considering that my sort of birthday party. So nothing too exciting, but waaay different than last birthday.

But what a year! Not all of 26 sucked though. It started out rough. Really, really rough. I think I cried almost every single day the first 3 months of being 26. But in January, thing started to swing up. I mean, it was cold and hell and I was still quite sad the beginning of the year, but I started school. And got my dog! I ran a half marathon, and I started dating again. I moved on.

So 27, while not a super special age, is off to a low key start so far. And that's pretty good for now.

Happy Birthday to Me!

1 comment:

What was done said...

Happy birthday!
27 can be a great age:
http://www.whatwasdone.com/Age.php?&Age=27
Have fun...