Thursday, July 16, 2009

Are you a Camel?

I'm walking to the bus stop the other day and I hear the boy walking behind me hock a loogie.
And I wanted to turn around, hands on my hips and in full sass mode and ask him: "why is spitting such a gross boy habit? I mean, are you part camel?"

Seriously, it's such a crass thing to do. You ever see a well dressed man spit on the sidewalk? No, you don't, because anyone with an ounce of class in them isn't going spit like an animal whenever they feel like it.

Well anyway, I have the why is spiting such a boy habit conversation with my girlfriends and one of them asks, "what's with a girl spitting? What do you call that?"
My response was: "it's plain unladylike, that's what it is!"

But the very next day, as I'm walking home from the bus, I'm eating a bag of cherries. And what do I do? Spit the seeds out along the way, where ever I felt like it. And I didn't care. But at least I wasn't making any caveman like grunts, so no one will compare me to a camel.

No comments: