Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ask me

I don't want my ex back and I don't care if I ever see him again. But there was a time when I did and would have given anything to make us work. If stars had lined up in a different way, and we were different people in general, well, I might be married right now and probably thinking I had made the biggest mistake of my life (note: not getting married in general, getting married to him).
So I know that where I am is the right place to be, and I can't change the past that brought me here. But that doesn't mean I don't wish it had happened differently.

It's that he didn't even try, the nothings. It's his loss and I know that. Maybe he knew we were a lost cause. Or he knew I probably would have made him cry and plead and jump through 14 flaming hoops over shark infested waters just to talk to me, and turned him away regardless. But it would have been nice to have been asked.

No comments: