Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bluegrass 10K

Every 4th of July, Lexington has the Bluegrass 10k race (6.2 miles for you non-metric folk). I figured why not this year, it's a nice distance and it's local, so the convenience factor was handy. And plus, I figured this was a motivation to stay in shape (and look killer in a bathing suit) the past 3 months (turns out, not so much).

But lucky for me, I did keep the running up, but not as rigorously as I was when I was training for the Derby half (way not as rigorously - I went from running around 8-10 miles a week to about 3 a week), and I had some left over in-shape-ness (? seriously, I don't know what to call my over all fitness level. I need one of those "health" meter things you get in video games) to carry me through this. But today my shoulders and back are a little sore, which I didn't have in April, so clearly I've let a few things go (boo to me).

My sister was (still is) in town for the 4th, and she decided to run the race this year too (she's a
way serious runner). I just wish I looked this good when I ran:
Sister 10 minutes ahead of me - she had an 8:35 pace and finished in 52:54
(way serious runner)


But I don't look that bad right?
Running a 10 minute mile and finishing in 62:27
(why do I put pictures of me w/no makeup and sweating?)


But I think it's time to retire this pair of running shoes They got me through 2 half marathons, the training for them, general keeping in shape runs and now this 10K. So long old friends, you've served me well.

No comments: