Monday, July 27, 2009

House Hunting

I loathe apartment hunting. And apartments are somewhat temporary, so I don't do that much research on them. Unless the choices are absolutely terrible, I typically pick one of the first 3 I see, simply because I don't have the patience to look at any more. So I don't think I'm going to enjoy house hunting at all.

Saturday I went house hunting with my friend and her fiance. And they were looking to decide, not looking for options. Why did I go? Because I wanted to avoid my homework. And mainly because I'm nosy and she promised me a bedroom. (Because that wouldn't be annoying at all. Personal antidote: if you want to keep your friendships, I highly recommend not living with already established friends - it changes the dynamic. You can become better friends through being roommates like I have, but it's best not to room with your bff).

Anyway, I see the homes and I pick out my bedroom. I only saw 3 with them in one afternoon, and I was exhausted. And I didn't care about utilities, the commute, property taxes, how much work needed to be done, any of that grown-up stuff. And they have to care about it, because they are going to own this.

If I was exhausted from just the running around to make a final choice, I can't imagine what they've been going through. And they've done a ton of research already, both have full time jobs and somehow are going to plan a wedding in there too. (which I can sorta help out on, I did a fair amount of research for mine. Go me and being helpful!).

So as exciting as it would be to own my own home, I have a feeling I'm seriously not going to like the hunt. But since I don't intend to leave my parent's house until I get married, I'm just going to make hubby (or hubby-to be, I would move in with a guy if there's a ring on my finger first) do all the hunting work and all I have to do is say yay or nay. (oh, and he has to let me have a pink room somewhere in there. Yes, I know how princessy that is. No I don't care.)

No comments: