Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A letter to my future husband

You will adore me. I will be the center of your everything, and life before me will be a pale comparison. You will be smart, articulate, driven, practical, mature, accommodating, supportive, want a family and anything else that makes my life better. No person, hobby or job will come before me. Until the kids come along, I am the incontestable number one in everything in your life. You will eventually be a doting dad but a responsible parent as well. You will not be afraid to try new things. You will be indulgent almost to the point of absurdity. you will tell me everyday; in some way shape or form I'm beautiful. You will be considerate, embrace my spaz qualities and rarely question my motives. You will attempt to follow my train of thought. Eventually, you will learn my random noises and act accordingly to them. You will kill spiders, reach tall things, open jars. You will have a tool box with tools in it, and know how to use each of them properly. You will massage whatever hurts when I ask and/or fetch pain pills w/out hassle. You will appreciate my need to take care of people along with any housework that I do. You will not create more house work for me either. You will put the seat down, use a coaster and not ruin all my furniture. You will acquiesce that my aesthetic ability and taste in (almost) everything is better then yours. Understand that classy with a K is unacceptable. You will not be a horrible dresser. You will love my friends. You will kiss me goodnight, good morning, goodbye and hello, every day, along with whenever you feel like it too. You will be my biggest cheerleader. You will never underestimate or undermine me. EVER. We will have similar ideas about our lives and goals, and what to deem worthy endeavors. We will agree to disagree on a few things, but not the core values of life. You will not make my life harder. We will be each others best friend. You will be pretty much perfect for me , with a minor tweak here and there. We will each have our own lives, and will enhance the other one's only for the better.

Mediocrity will not be accepted. I will be the same wonderful things I expect of you in return. Except kill spiders, reach tall things and open jars.

No comments: